Monday, August 6, 2012

Grandma Miller's Chili

This recipe is a family tradition. My grandma made it every year for Halloween while I was growing up. Now that I have a family of my own, I make sure to make this every year! Even while I was serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in York, PA, I made this chili. My mom sent me a box filled with all the ingredients! She's the best! It's a very simple chili, which is what makes it a great comfort food!

1 can pinto beans (drained)
1 can chili beans (drained)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1- 16 oz whole tomatoes (cut up)
1 packet chili seasoning
1 lb ground beef
1 can tomato juice
1 can tomato sauce

Brown ground beef with onion. Add chili seasoning and tomato juice. Combine beef mixture with rest of ingredients in large pot. Cook on medium heat for 1 hour.

Note: I don't care for huge chunks of tomato, so sometimes I leave them out. I also often leave out the tomato juice, as I can't find out how to buy just one small can. If I have it, I'll use it, if not, I'll use water or extra sauce (or both!).

No comments:

Post a Comment