Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Amish Chicken and Dumplings

I served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in central Pennsylvania. It was a completely different way of life and completely different culture. I loved every thing about it, including the food! This is one of the recipes that I love!

Cook and debone 2 1/2 lbs of chicken (sometimes I get lazy and do boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or something a little easier, but I feel like I am cheating!)

Put chicken and broth into a large kettle with a lid

Dumplings:

1 egg
2 Tbps milk
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
flour

Beat ingredients with enough flour to make a good, stiff dough. Drop by the spoonful into broth. Cook covered for 5-8 minutes. Dumplings should be light and fluffy. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment