Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ashley's Meatloaf

I NEVER ate meatloaf growing up. It sounded like a horrible concoction- one which I hoped never to encounter. I don't remember when I finally tried it, but I'm glad I did. I was definitely surprised at how good it was! And now we eat it a couple times a month.

The problem was, I always Googled meatloaf and looked for a recipe that had the ingredients I knew I liked. It took forever to find one and I always ended up using bits and pieces from a variety of different recipes. One day, I finally decided that I would just wing it and create my own. The hubs approved, so I wrote it down and have been using the same recipe ever since. It's nothing fancy. I'm sure there is another recipe (or 20) out there just like it. But I could never find it when I needed it. So here is my take on meatloaf. It probably could serve 4-6 people.


Meatloaf:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 packet french onion soup
1/3 C bread crumbs
ketchup (I just do one big squirt)

Sauce:
1/4 C ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
mustard (I do one little squirt)


Mix together all the ingredients for the meat loaf. Put in loaf pan. Mix together sauce and pour on top of loaf.

Now hubby likes a lot of sauce, but I have to admit that there is always a little too much. I never all of it. If you like light sauce, I'd just do half the recipe. If you like more sauce, I'd make it all and just add what you think you like.

1 comment: