Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Chicken

I got this recipe from my mom when I went away to college. As far as I remember, she never made it, but it looked good, so I wrote it down. I forgot it even existed until last year. And man, was I sorry I waited so long to make this dish! It is so good! And it has broccoli in it, which means it's good for you, right? I think this recipe would make veggies appealing to even the pickiest eater!


1 Tbsp margarine
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
1/3 C water or milk
1/8 tsp pepper
2 C broccoli florets
1 can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese soup

In skillet, over medium heat, cook chicken in hot margarine for 10 minutes (or until browned on both sides). Spoon off fat. Stir in soup, water or milk, and pepper. Heat to boiling. Add broccoli. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes (or until chicken is fork-tender and broccoli is done), stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment