Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crock Pot Potato Soup



The other night I was craving creamy potato soup. The best potato soup recipe I know was not creamy enough for this particular craving. I've made a decent creamy soup, but all the ingredients were from cans. So, I thought I'd try something new. Once again, no one recipe looked perfect, so I threw what I had in the crock pot and decided to wing it. It turned out awesome! So, here it is!



6 medium russet potatoes, cut into chunks (don't peel them)
ham chunks (add as much or as little as you want)
4 cups chicken broth
3 cloves garlic
1/2 yellow onion, diced
seasoning salt
dried parsley
black pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup half and half

Put the first 8 ingredients into the crock pot. I don't have exact measurements for the seasonings. I eye ball things like that. I would guess about 1-2 teaspoons of seasoning salt and pepper and about a tablespoon of parsley. Cook on high for 3 hours. Add cream cheese and half and half. Cook half an hour longer. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment