Thursday, September 20, 2012

Baby Banana Pancakes



Now I have a Jack Johnson song stuck in my head. "Makin banana pancakes, pretend like it's the weekend.." The hubs and I used to listen to him all the time when we were dating. But that is a little off topic.

I've been trying to find recipes for things Little Man can eat by himself. I still feed him purees, but now that he is 8 months old, I'd like him to be able to start feeding himself. It keeps him occupied, lets me get things done, and teaches him an important skill. Win-win! Problem is, I'm running out of things to give him! And puffs can't be the best thing for him. At least not a couple times a day! He doesn't have teeth and he's allergic to dairy, so that has made it a little more challenging. But I finally found something that was easy to make and that he likes! Banana pancakes! They aren't your traditional pancakes, but that is what I will call them. I just kind of added stuff until I had a pancake consistency. They aren't the best tasting thing in the world, but they are good. If you have an older kid (or you don't mind sugar and spices), you can add some sugar and cinnamon. I bet apple sauce would be good too instead of bananas. I made a bunch of these and froze them. Freezing food is addicting!




Baby Banana Pancakes  

2/3 C flour (I used wheat)
1 C water
2 bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda

Mix all ingredients. Cook on pan or griddle. Enjoy!

Makes 20-24 two to three inch pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment